Certificate IV in Kitchen Management
Study what you love while living the life you dream of.
This qualification reflects the role of chefs and cooks who have a supervisory or team leading role in the kitchen. They operate independently or with limited guidance from others and use discretion to solve non-routine problems.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in organisations such as restaurants, hotels, clubs, pubs, cafes and coffee shops, or to run a small business in these sectors.
After achieving SIT40521 Certificate IV in Kitchen Management, individuals could progress to SIT50422 Diploma of Hospitality Management at Albright Institute.
This industry-relevant course will prepare students’ with skills and knowledge to work in the hospitality in the capacity of:
- Chef de partie.
- Applicants must be minimum 18 years of age at the time of commencement;
- Have a valid Student visa status which allows them to study in Australia in Vocational levels.
- Must satisfy Albright Pre-training Review (PTR) Assessment.
- IELTS score of 5.5 or PTE score of 42 or its’ equivalent(scored within the last 2 calendar years); OR Completed Australian Qualification minimum AQF Level 4 (Certificate 4).
- Successful completion of Australian Equivalent Year 12 qualification;
- Applicants must undertake the Albright LLN test;
- Applicants should have basic computer and MS Office skills (Word, Excel and Power Point);
- There are no qualification specific entry requirements.
- Learners must be physically fit to carry up/lift to a maximum load of 5kgs as this may be required during the practical training.
- Learners must be able to handle and cook dairy products and non-vegetarian food items including but not limited to beef and pork.
- Due to the physical requirements of this course, students must have a basic level of fitness allowing them to work on their feet during work placement shifts.
- 33 units must be completed:
- 27 core units
- 6 elective units
1.5 years (75 weeks)
SITHCCC023* Use food preparation equipment
SITHCCC027* Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery
SITHCCC028* Prepare appetisers and salads
SITHCCC029* Prepare stocks, sauces and soups
SITHCCC030* Prepare vegetable, fruit, eggs and farinaceous dishes
SITHCCC031* Prepare vegetarian and vegan dishes
SITHCCC035* Prepare poultry dishes
SITHCCC036* Prepare meat dishes
SITHCCC037* Prepare seafood dishes
SITHCCC041* Produce cakes, pastries and breads
SITHCCC042* Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements
SITHCCC043* Work effectively as a cook
SITHKOP010 Plan and cost recipes
SITHKOP012* Develop recipes for special dietary requirements
SITHKOP013* Plan cooking operations
SITHPAT016* Produce desserts
SITHKOP015* Design and cost menus
SITXCOM010 Manage conflict
SITXFIN009 Manage finances within a budget
SITXFSA005 Use hygienic practices for food safety
SITXFSA006 Participate in safe food handling practices
SITXFSA008* Develop and implement a food safety program
SITXHRM008 Roster staff
SITXHRM009 Lead and manage people
SITXINV006* Receive, store and maintain stock
SITXMGT004 Monitor work operations
SITXWHS007 Implement and monitor work health and safety practices
SITHCCC038* Produce and serve food for buffets
SITHCCC032* Produce cook-chill and cook-freeze foods
SITHCCC033* Re-thermalise chilled and frozen foods
SITXCCS014 Provide service to customers
SITHCCC025* Prepare and present sandwiches
SITXINV007 Purchase goods
* Units marked with an *asterisk have one or more prerequisites
* SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety – is a pre-requisite for all units marked with an *asterisk
Want more information about our courses?
Submit your contact details here and we will get back to you as soon as possible.