Advanced Diploma of Civil Construction Design
Study what you love while living the life you dream of.
This qualification reflects the role of an individual working as a senior civil works designer or a para-professional designer, who supports professional engineers. They perform tasks that are broad, specialised, complex and technical and include strategic areas and initiating activities. They are responsible for the design of complex projects to ensure the implementation of the client’s site requirements and are required to demonstrate self-directed application of theoretical and technical knowledge and initiate solutions to technical problems or management requirements.
Licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification considerations
Licensing, legislative, regulatory and certification requirements that apply to this qualification can vary between states, territories and industry sectors. Users must check requirements with relevant body before applying the qualification.
After completing RII60520 Advanced Diploma of Civil Construction Design you may progress to higher education courses
This qualification provides Opportunities in roles like
- Civil Engineering Construction Supervisor
- Civil Engineering Draftsperson
- Civil Engineering Design Draftsperson
- Civil Engineering Technician
- Senior Civil Works Designer
- Applicants must be minimum 18 years of age at the time of commencement;
- Have a valid Student visa status which allows them to study in Australia in Vocational levels.
- Must satisfy Albright Pre-training Review (PTR) Assessment.
- IELTS score of 5.5 or PTE score of 42 or its’ equivalent(scored within the last 2 calendar years); OR Completed Australian Qualification minimum AQF Level 4 (Certificate 4).
- Successful completion of Australian Equivalent Year 12 qualification;
- Applicants must undertake the Albright LLN test;
- Applicants should have basic computer and MS Office skills (Word, Excel and Power Point);
There are no qualification specific entry requirements.
- Total number of units = 12
- 5 core units
- 7 elective units
2 years (104 weeks)
Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide & Brisbane
BSBPMG632 Manage program risk
BSBTWK502 Manage team effectiveness
BSBWHS616 Apply safe design principles to control WHS risks
RIICWD601E Manage civil works design processes
RIIQUA601E Establish and maintain a quality system
MEM30031A Operate computer-aided design (CAD) system to produce basic drawing elements
BSBPMG534 Manage project human resources
BSBSTR601 Manage innovation and continuous improvement
RIICWD507D Prepare detailed geotechnical design
RIICWD533E Prepare detailed design of civil concrete structures
RIICWD534E Prepare detailed design of civil steel structures.
RIILAT402E Provide supervision in the leadership of diverse work teams
Want more information about our courses?
Submit your contact details here and we will get back to you as soon as possible.