Advanced Diploma of Information Technology
Study what you love while living the life you dream of.
This qualification reflects the role of individuals in a variety of information and communications technology (ICT) roles who have significant experience in specialist technical skills, or managerial business and people management skills.
The course gives the opportunity for graduating students to work as an ICT specialist who has gained the skills and knowledge to plan, design, manage and monitor an enterprise information and communications technology network.
Individuals in these roles carry out complex tasks in a specialist field, working independently, leading a team or a strategic direction of a business. They apply their skills across a wide range of industries and business functions, or as a business owner (sole trader/contractor).
The skills required for these roles may include, but are not restricted to:
- Advanced data management information: creating, designing, and monitoring complex systems that store data, and optimising organisational knowledge management
- Cybersecurity: protecting sensitive data and information through security architecture, and developing disaster recovery and contingency plans
- Full-stack web development: building advanced user interfaces, developing representational state transfer application program interfaces (REST APIs) and designing user experience solutions
- Further programming: applying advanced ICT languages to maintain security and manage data
- IT strategy and organisational development: managing and communicating strategic ICT business solutions
- Systems development and analysis: modeling and testing data objects, data processes, and preferred ICT system solutions
- Telecommunications network engineering: managing logistics, organisational specifications, regulations and legislative requirements across network projects.
Graduate Certificate in Digital Education, or other vocational relevant higher qualifications within the industry.
- Telecommunication technical officer or technologist
- Telecommunications network planner
- Telecommunications network manager
- Network engineering technical officer
- Managing Network security Manger
- IP based convergence integrator
- IP based optical network designer
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, however, for enrolment in this course at
Albright Institute a student must:
- Be 18 years of age at the time of commencement of the course
- Have successful completion of Australian Equivalent Year 12 qualification
- Have a valid IELTS score of 5.5 or PTE score of 42 or its equivalent (Completed a minimum 12-Week General English Course of Upper-Intermediate Level)- Within the last 2 Calendar Years
Completed Australian Qualification minimum AQF Level 4 (Certificate 4) or Australian Senior Secondary Certificate of Education- Within the last 2 Calendar Years
- Complete the Albright Language, Literacy & Numeracy (LLN) test
- Have a valid Student Visa status which allows them to study in Australia in Vocational levels for international student
- Have basic computer and MS Office skills (Word, Excel and Power Point)
- Satisfy Pre-Training Review (PTR) Assessment requirement
- Total number of units = 16
- 6 core units plus
- 10 elective units
- 104 Weeks Including holidays
- 20 hours per week
Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide & Brisbane
- BSBCRT611 Apply critical thinking for complex problem solving
- BSBTWK502 Manage team effectiveness
- BSBXCS402 Promote workplace cyber security awareness and best practices
- ICTICT608 Interact with clients on a business level
- ICTICT618 Manage IP, ethics and privacy in ICT environments
- ICTSAD609 Plan and monitor business analysis activities in an ICT environment
Group G – Telecommunications network engineering specialisation
- ICTNPL413 Evaluate networking regulations and legislation for the telecommunications industry
- ICTNWK612 Plan and manage troubleshooting advanced integrated IP networks
- ICTPMG613 Manage ICT project planning
- ICTTEN615 Manage network traffic
- ICTTEN622 Produce ICT network architecture designs
Telecommunications Network Engineering – General
- BSBLDR523 Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
- BSBPMG530 Manage project scope
- BSBPMG430 Undertake project work
Telecommunications Network Engineering – Networking
- ICTNWK546 Manage network security
- ICTNWK540 Design, build and test network servers
Want more information about our courses?
Submit your contact details here and we will get back to you as soon as possible.