Diploma of Hospitality Management
Study what you love while living the life you dream of.
This qualification reflects the role of highly skilled senior operators who use a broad range of hospitality skills combined with managerial skills and sound knowledge of industry to coordinate hospitality operations. They operate independently, have responsibility for others and make a range of operational business decisions.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in any hospitality industry sector as a departmental or small business manager. The diversity of employers includes restaurants, hotels, motels, catering operations, clubs, pubs, cafés, and coffee shops. This qualification allows for multiskilling and for acquiring targeted skills in accommodation services, cookery, food and beverage and gaming.
After achieving the SIT50422 Diploma of Hospitality Management graduates may choose to undertake SIT60322 Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management or continue their education in a range of higher education qualifications in hospitality.
Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
- Chef de Cuisine
- Restaurant Manager
- Sous Chef
- Applicants must be minimum 18 years of age at the time of commencement;
- Have a valid Student visa status which allows them to study in Australia in Vocational levels.
- Must satisfy Albright Pre-training Review (PTR) Assessment.
- IELTS score of 5.5 or PTE score of 42 or its’ equivalent(scored within the last 2 calendar years); OR Completed Australian Qualification minimum AQF Level 4 (Certificate 4).
- Successful completion of Australian Equivalent Year 12 qualification;
- Applicants must undertake the Albright LLN test;
- Applicants should have basic computer and MS Office skills (Word, Excel and Power Point);
- There are no qualification specific entry requirements.
- Learners must be physically fit to carry up/lift to a maximum load of 5kgs as this may be required during the practical training.
- Learners must be able to handle and cook dairy products and non-vegetarian food items including but not limited to beef and pork.
- Due to the physical requirements of this course, students must have a basic level of fitness allowing them to work on their feet during work placement shifts.
- 28 units must be completed:
- 11 core units
- 17 elective units
2 years (104 weeks)
SITXCCS015 Enhance customer service experiences
SITXCCS016 Develop and manage quality customer service practices
SITXCOM010 Manage conflict
SITXFIN009 Manage finances within a budget
SITXFIN010 Prepare and monitor budgets
SITXGLC002 Identify and manage legal risks and comply with law
SITXHRM008 Roster staff
SITXHRM009 Lead and manage people
SITXMGT004 Monitor work operations
SITXMGT005 Establish and conduct business relationships
SITXWHS007 Implement and monitor work health and safety practices
SITXFSA005 Use hygienic practices for food safety
SITHCCC043* Work effectively as a cook
SITHCCC023* Use food preparation equipment
SITHCCC025* Prepare and present sandwiches
SITHCCC032* Produce cook-chill and cook-freeze foods
SITHCCC033* Re-thermalise chilled and frozen foods
SITHCCC027* Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery
SITHCCC028* Prepare appetisers and salads
SITHCCC029* Prepare stocks, sauces and soups
SITHCCC030* Prepare vegetable, fruit, eggs and farinaceous dishes
SITHCCC031* Prepare vegetarian and vegan dishes
SITHCCC035* Prepare poultry dishes
SITHCCC036* Prepare meat dishes
SITHCCC037* Prepare seafood dishes
SITHCCC038* Produce and serve food for buffets
SITHCCC041* Produce cakes, pastries and breads
SITHCCC042* Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements
* Units marked with an *asterisk have one or more prerequisites
* SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety – is a pre-requisite for all units marked with an *asterisk
Want more information about our courses?
Submit your contact details here and we will get back to you as soon as possible.