Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
Study what you love while living the life you dream of.
This qualification reflects the role of cooks who use a wide range of well-developed cookery skills and sound knowledge of kitchen operations to prepare food and menu items. Using discretion and judgement, they work with some independence and under limited supervision using plans, policies and procedures to guide work activities.
Completion of this qualification contributes to recognition as a trade cook.
This qualification provides a pathway to work as a cook in organisations such as restaurants, hotels, clubs, pubs, cafes, and coffee shops.
Students who complete this course may wish to continue their education into a range of Certificate IV qualifications, such as the SIT40521 Certificate IV in Kitchen Management at Albright Institute.
Potential employment options are as a commercial cook in a restaurants, hotels, clubs, pubs, cafés, and coffee shops.
- Applicants must be minimum 18 years of age at the time ofcommencement;
- Have a valid Student visa status which allows them to study in Australia in Vocational levels.
- Must satisfy Albright Pre-training Review (PTR) Assessment.
- IELTS score of 5.5 or PTE score of 42 or its’ equivalent(scored within the last 2 calendar years); OR Completed Australian Qualification minimum AQF Level 4 (Certificate 4).
- Successful completion of Australian Equivalent Year 12 qualification;
- Applicants must undertake the Albright LLN test;
- Applicants should have basic computer and MS Office skills (Word, Excel and Power Point);
- There are no qualification specific entry requirements.
- Learners must be physically fit to carry up/lift to a maximum load of 5kgs as this may be required during the practical training.
- Learners must be able to handle and cook dairy products and non-vegetarian food items including but not limited to beef and pork.
- Due to the physical requirements of this course, students must have a basic level of fitness allowing them to work on their feet during work placement shifts.
- 25 units must be completed:
- 20 core units
- 5 elective units
1 year (52 weeks)
SITHCCC023* Use food preparation equipment
SITHCCC027* Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery
SITHCCC028* Prepare appetisers and salads
SITHCCC029* Prepare stocks, sauces and soups
SITHCCC030* Prepare vegetable, fruit, eggs and farinaceous dishes
SITHCCC031* Prepare vegetarian and vegan dishes
SITHCCC035* Prepare poultry dishes
SITHCCC036* Prepare meat dishes
SITHCCC037* Prepare seafood dishes
SITHCCC041* Produce cakes, pastries and breads
SITHCCC042* Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements
SITHCCC043* Work effectively as a cook WBT
SITHKOP009* Clean kitchen premises and equipment
SITHKOP010 Plan and cost recipes
SITHPAT016* Produce desserts
SITXFSA005 Use hygienic practices for food safety
SITXFSA006 Participate in safe food handling practices
SITXHRM007 Coach others in job skills
SITXINV006* Receive, store and maintain stock
SITXWHS005 Participate in safe work practices
SITHCCC025* Prepare and present sandwiches
SITHCCC038* Produce and serve food for buffets
SITHCCC040* Prepare and serve cheese
BSBSUS211 Participate in sustainable work practices
SITXCCS014 Provide service to customers
* Units marked with an *asterisk have one or more prerequisites
* SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety – is a pre-requisite for all units marked with an *asterisk
Want more information about our courses?
Submit your contact details here and we will get back to you as soon as possible.