Advanced Diploma of Translating
Study what you love while living the life you dream of.
The Advanced Diploma of Translating is a NAATI-endorsed course. The course covers both theoretical and practical aspects of translation, giving students a profound understanding of this discipline. Our qualified trainers possess extensive industry experience and are willing to impart, without reservation, their knowledge and skills to our students who aspire to become qualified translators. Students will be given an opportunity to access ample exercises and improve their knowledge, as well as translation skills, under the guidance of our dedicated trainers. Translation is widely applicable within a range of industries and fields. This qualification can open many doors to the graduates.
Students planning to pursue a career in translation.
Students aiming to take a NAATI Accreditation Test.
Job titles (by passing the NAATI Certified Translator test) may include:
- Officer Localisation
- Specialist Linguist
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, however, for enrolment in this course at Albright Institute a student must:
- Be 18 years of age at the time of commencement of the course
- Have successful completion of Australian Equivalent Year 12 qualification
- Have a valid IELTS score of 5.5 or PTE score of 42 or its equivalent (Completed a minimum 12-Week General English Course of Upper-Intermediate Level)- Within the last 2 Calendar Years
Completed Australian Qualification minimum AQF Level 4 (Certificate 4) or Australian Senior Secondary Certificate of Education- Within the last 2 Calendar Years
- Complete the Albright Language, Literacy & Numeracy (LLN) test
- Have a valid Student Visa status which allows them to study in Australia in Vocational levels for international student
- Have basic computer and MS Office skills (Word, Excel and Power Point)
- Satisfy Pre-Training Review (PTR) Assessment requirement
Prior to undertaking PSP60816 Advanced Diploma of Translating, students are strongly recommended to complete PSP50916 Diploma of Interpreting (LOTE-English).
The total number of units is 13
5 core units and 8 elective units
24 weeks including holidays
20 hours per week
Melbourne & Sydney
- PSPTIS100 Apply codes and standards to professional judgement
- PSPTIS101 Negotiate translating and interpreting assignments
- PSPTIS060 Analyse text types for translation of special purpose texts (LOTE-English)
- PSPTIS061 Quality assure translations
- CUAWRT401 Edit texts
- PSPTIS062 Translate special purpose texts from English to LOTE
- PSPTIS064 Read and analyse special purpose English texts to be translated
- PSPTIS067 Demonstrate complex written LOTE proficiency in different subjects and cultural contexts
- PSPTIS002 Build glossaries for translating and interpreting assignments
- PSPTIS021 Translate and certify non-narrative texts
- PSPTIS066 Apply theories to translating and interpreting work practices
- PSPTIS069 Maintain and enhance professional practice
- PSPTIS071 Translate multimedia source material
Want more information about our courses?
Submit your contact details here and we will get back to you as soon as possible.