PSP60816 Advanced Diploma of Translating
CRICOS Code: 096471G | Course duration – 24 weeks
Available in: Melbourne and Sydney
Languages available for the following: Spanish & Portuguese
The Advanced Diploma of Translating at Albright is a NAATI Endorsed Qualification. The course structure covers both theoretical and pragmatic aspects of translating, giving students a holistic understanding of this discipline and this profession. Our qualified trainers with extensive industry experience are enthusiastic about teaching and will impart, without reservation, their knowledge, skills and experience to our students who are interested in this course and aspire to become a professional translator. The teaching combines theory and practice. Students have the opportunity to access ample exercises and improve their knowledge and skills about translation under the guidance of our experienced trainers. Translation is widely applicable to a great variety of fields. This qualification can open many doors of opportunities for graduates.
This qualification consists of 13 units.
- PSPTIS100 Apply codes and standards to professional judgement
- PSPTIS101 Negotiate translating and interpreting assignments
- PSPTIS060 Analyse text types for translation of special purpose texts (LOTE-English)
- PSPTIS061 Quality assure translations
- CUAWRT401 Edit texts
- PSPTIS062 Translate special purpose texts from English to LOTE
- PSPTIS064 Read and analyse special purpose English texts to be translated
- PSPTIS067 Demonstrate complex written LOTE proficiency in different subjects and cultural contexts
- PSPTIS002 Build glossaries for translating and interpreting assignments
- PSPTIS021 Translate and certify non-narrative texts
- PSPTIS066 Apply theories to translating and interpreting work practices
- PSPTIS069 Maintain and enhance professional practice
- PSPTIS071 Translate multimedia source material
This course is suitable for those who aspire to pursue a career as a translator.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification however, for enrolment in this course at Albright Institute students must:
– Be of 18 years of age or above
– Have completed year 12 or equivalent
– Completed Pre-Training Review to meet suitability and commitment
– Able to produce proof of English proficiency equivalent to IELTS 5.5 (in last 2 calendar years). Completed General English Upper-Intermediate level.
– Have a valid Australian Visa/ Residency status which allows them to study in Australia in Vocational level