Diploma of Marketing and Communication
Study what you love while living the life you dream of.
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who use a sound theoretical knowledge base in marketing and communication and who demonstrate a range of skills to ensure that functions are effectively conducted in an organisation or business area. Typically, the individuals would have responsibility for the work of other staff and lead teams.
This qualification applies to individuals in full-time marketing roles, as well as those who are responsible for an organisation’s marketing in addition to other duties.
Possible future study pathways are to continue to a higher level Vocational Qualification such as an Advanced Diploma of Marketing and Communication, or a higher education degree such as a Bachelor of Marketing.
Information will also be provided to students on further training options available to them to further enhance their skill set by the student support officers of Albright or the course trainer and assessor.
Once students have completed the BSB50620 – Diploma of Marketing and Communication, they will be able to seek employment as a professional in marketing and communication.
Entry to this qualification is limited to those who:
Have completed BSB42415 Certificate IV in Marketing and Communication
Have completed the following units (or equivalent competencies): BSBCMM411 Make presentations; BSBCRT412 Articulate, present and debate ideas; BSBMKG433 Undertake marketing activities; BSBMKG435 Analyse consumer behaviour; BSBMKG439 Develop and apply knowledge of communications industry; and BSBWRT411 Write complex documents. Equivalent competencies are predecessors to these units, which have been mapped as equivalent.
Have two years equivalent full-time relevant work experience.
For enrolment in this course at Albright Institute a student must:
- Be 18 years of age at the time of commencement of the course
- Have successful completion of Australian Equivalent Year 12 qualification
- Have a valid IELTS score of 5.5 or PTE score of 42 or its equivalent (Completed a minimum 12-Week General English Course of Upper-Intermediate Level)- Within the last 2 Calendar Years
Completed Australian Qualification minimum AQF Level 4 (Certificate 4) or Australian Senior Secondary Certificate of Education- Within the last 2 Calendar Years
- Complete the Albright Language, Literacy & Numeracy (LLN) test
- Have a valid Student Visa status which allows them to study in Australia in Vocational levels for international student
- Have basic computer and MS Office skills (Word, Excel and Power Point)
- Satisfy Pre-Training Review (PTR) Assessment requirement
Prior to undertaking BSB0620 Diploma of Marketing and Communication, students are strongly recommended to complete BSB40820 Certificate IV in Marketing and Communication
5 core units plus
7 elective units
20 hours per week
52 weeks (12 months) including holidays
Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide & Brisbane
- BSBMKG542 Establish and monitor the marketing mix
- BSBMKG552 Design and develop marketing communication plans
- BSBMKG541 Identify and evaluate marketing opportunities
- BSBPMG430 Undertake project work
- BSBMKG555 Write persuasive copy
- BSBTEC404 Use digital technologies to collaborate in a work environment
- BSBMKG545 Conduct marketing audits
- BSBMKG543 Plan and interpret market research
- BSBMKG551 Create multiplatform advertisements for mass media
- BSBMKG626 Develop advertising campaigns
- BSBCRT512 Originate and develop concepts
- BSBMKG623 Develop marketing plans
Want more information about our courses?
Submit your contact details here and we will get back to you as soon as possible.