Diploma of Business
Study what you love while living the life you dream of.
A Diploma of Business from Albright Institute of Business and Language will build on your existing business experience and equip you with further knowledge and skills across business, marketing, innovation and management.
To ensure you are job ready when you graduate, we use case studies from a variety of industries to assist in developing your analysis, issue identification, problem solving and leadership skills. This qualification reflects the role of individuals in a variety of Business Services job roles. These individuals may have frontline management accountabilities.
Individuals in these roles carry out moderately complex tasks in a specialist field of expertise that requires business operations skills. They may possess substantial experience in a range of settings, but seek to further develop their skills across a wide range of business functions.
Possible future study pathways are to continue to a higher level Vocational Qualification such as an Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management, or a higher education degree such as a Bachelor of Business.
Once students have completed the BSB50120 – Diploma of Business (Operations), they will be able to seek employment as a business manager or begin a business venture in an industry of their own selection.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, however, for enrolment in this course at Albright Institute a student must:
- Be 18 years of age at the time of commencement of the course
- Have successful completion of Australian Equivalent Year 12 qualification
- Have a valid IELTS score of 5.5 or PTE score of 42 or its equivalent (Completed a minimum 12-Week General English Course of Upper-Intermediate Level)- Within the last 2 Calendar Years
Completed Australian Qualification minimum AQF Level 4 (Certificate 4) or Australian Senior Secondary Certificate of Education- Within the last 2 Calendar Years
- Complete the Albright Language, Literacy & Numeracy (LLN) test
- Have a valid Student Visa status which allows them to study in Australia in Vocational levels for international student
- Have basic computer and MS Office skills (Word, Excel and Power Point)
- Satisfy Pre-Training Review (PTR) Assessment requirement
|BSB50120 Diploma of Business (5 Core + 7 Electives = 12)|
|Term||Unit Code||Unit Tittle||Units|
|1||BSBCRT511||Develop critical thinking in others||Core|
|1||BSBOPS501||Manage business resources||Core|
|Term 1 Holiday Weeks|
|2||BSBSUS511||Develop workplace policies and procedures for sustainability||Core|
|2||BSBFIN501||Manage budgets and financial plans||Core|
|Term 2 Holiday Weeks|
|3||BSBXCM501||Lead communication in the workplace||Core|
|3||BSBOPS503||Develop administrative systems||Elective|
|Term 3 Holiday Weeks|
|4||BSBSTR503||Develop organisational policy||Elective|
|4||BSBHRM525||Manage recruitment and on boarding||Elective|
|Term 4 Holiday Weeks|
|5||BSBHRM529||Coordinate separation and termination processes||Elective|
|5||BSBTWK401||Build and maintain business relationships||Elective|
|Term 5 Holiday Weeks|
|6||BSBOPS504||Manage business risk||Elective|
|6||BSBLDR413||Lead effective workplace relationships||Elective|
|Term 6 Holiday Weeks|
- Assessments are due at the end of each term for the units delivered & completed within that term.
- At the end of any two consecutive terms the academic course progress must be 50% or above.
- Students with below 50% academic course progress are subject to academic intervention and are considered at risk of breaching international student visa condition.
- Late submissions of assessments without compassionate grounds are not allowed & will incur academic & financial penalty
|REGULAR INTAKES||TERMS||TERM START||TERM END|
|23-Jan-23||TERM 1 – 2023||23-Jan-23||05-Mar-23|
|20-Mar-23||TERM 2 – 2023||20-Mar-23||30-Apr-23|
|15-May-23||TERM 3 – 2023||15-May-23||25-Jun-23|
|10-Jul-23||TERM 4 – 2023||10-Jul-23||20-Aug-23|
|04-Sep-23||TERM 5 – 2023||04-Sep-23||15-Oct-23|
|30-Oct-23||TERM 6 – 2023||30-Oct-23||10-Dec-23|
|22-Jan-24||TERM 1 – 2024||22-Jan-24||03-Mar-24|
|18-Mar-24||TERM 2– 2024||18-Mar-24||28-Apr-24|
|13-May-24||TERM 3 – 2024||13-May-24||23-Jun-24|
|08-Jul-24||TERM 4 – 2024||08-Jul-24||18-Aug-24|
|02-Sep-24||TERM 5 – 2024||02-Sep-24||13-Oct-24|
|28-Oct-24||TERM 6 – 2024||28-Oct-24||08-Dec-24|
|20-Jan-25||TERM 1 – 2025||20-Jan-25||02-Mar-25|
|17-Mar-25||TERM 2 – 2025||17-Mar-25||27-Apr-25|
|12-May-25||TERM 3 – 2025||12-May-25||22-Jun-25|
|07-Jul-25||TERM 4 – 2025||07-Jul-25||17-Aug-25|
|01-Sep-25||TERM 5 – 2025||01-Sep-25||12-Oct-25|
|27-Oct-25||TERM 6 – 2025||27-Oct-25||07-Dec-25|
|19-Jan-26||TERM 1 – 2026||19-Jan-26||01-Mar-26|
|16-Mar-26||TERM 2 – 2026||16-Mar-26||26-Apr-26|
|11-May-26||TERM 3 – 2026||11-May-26||21-Jun-26|
|06-Jul-26||TERM 4 – 2026||06-Jul-26||16-Aug-26|
|31-Aug-26||TERM 5 – 2026||31-Aug-26||11-Oct-26|
|26-Oct-26||TERM 6 – 2026||26-Oct-26||06-Dec-26|
|18-Jan-27||TERM 1 – 2027||18-Jan-27||28-Feb-27|
|15-Mar-27||TERM 2 – 2027||15-Mar-27||25-Apr-27|
|10-May-27||TERM 3 – 2027||10-May-27||20-Jun-27|
|05-Jul-27||TERM 4 – 2027||05-Jul-27||15-Aug-27|
|30-Aug-27||TERM 5 – 2027||30-Aug-27||10-Oct-27|
|25-Oct-27||TERM 6 – 2027||25-Oct-27||05-Dec-27|
20 hours per week
52 weeks (12 months) including holidays.
Melbourne: Day 1 Time Day 2 Time Tuesday 8:30 am – 12:30 pm Thursday 8:30 am – 12:30 pm Tuesday 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm Thursday 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm Adelaide: Day 1 Time Day 2 Time Tuesday 8:30 am – 12:30 pm Thursday 8:30 am – 12:30 pm Tuesday 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm Thursday 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm Brisbane: Day 1 Time Day 2 Time Tuesday 8:30 am – 12:30 pm Thursday 8:30 am – 12:30 pm Tuesday 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm Thursday 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm Sydney: Day 1 Time Day 2 Time Tuesday 8:30 am – 12:30 pm Thursday 8:30 am – 12:30 pm Tuesday 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm Thursday 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Training at Albright is a combination of facilitated learning activities using a combination of theory and research. The different range of activities could be demonstrations, role plays, presentations and individual classroom and group activities.
- Students are required to attend a total of 16 hours scheduled training + 4 hours of structured learning activities with trainer support to complete the 20 contact hours per week requirement of the International Student visa.
- Students who have completed their orientation can access their current timetable, classroom & session details at Albright LMS: https://albrightinstitute.ai-one.io/
- Current students can review their ongoing course progress by accessing the Albright LMS https://albrightinstitute.ai-one.io/
- Term Calendar
- Timetable is subject to change.
- The above information was last updated on: 03 July 2023.
Want more information about our courses?
Submit your contact details here and we will get back to you as soon as possible.