Advanced Diploma of Information Technology – Australia
Succeed in the Information Technology industry and follow your path in Australia
Advanced Diploma of Information Technology
(Telecommunications Network Engineering)
ICT60220 | CRICOS: 106175G
This qualification reflects the role of individuals in a variety of information and communications technology (ICT) roles who have significant experience in specialist technical skills, or managerial business and people management skills.
The course gives the opportunity for graduating students to work as an ICT specialist who has gained the skills and knowledge to plan, design, manage and monitor an enterprise information and communications technology network.
Individuals in these roles carry out complex tasks in a specialist field, working independently, leading a team or a strategic direction of a business. They apply their skills across a wide range of industries and business functions, or as a business owner (sole trader/contractor).
The skills required for these roles may include, but are not restricted to:
- Advanced data management information: creating, designing, and monitoring complex systems that store data, and optimising organisational knowledge management
- Cybersecurity: protecting sensitive data and information through security architecture, and developing disaster recovery and contingency plans
- Full-stack web development: building advanced user interfaces, developing representational state transfer application program interfaces (REST APIs) and designing user experience solutions
- Further programming: applying advanced ICT languages to maintain security and manage data
- IT strategy and organisational development: managing and communicating strategic ICT business solutions
- Systems development and analysis: modeling and testing data objects, data processes, and preferred ICT system solutions
- Telecommunications network engineering: managing logistics, organisational specifications, regulations and legislative requirements across network projects.
- 20 hours per week
- 104 weeks including holidays
- The total number of units is 16;
- 6 core units and 10 elective units.
Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide & Brisbane
- IELTS 5.5 or equivalent
- Minimum age of 18
- Minimum of year 12 or equivalent
- Meet LLN requirements
Contact us for more information:
Study online 2 days a week
International and domestic students
Who is this course for?
This is an ideal course for those students seeking to pursue a rewarding career in information and communication technology industry in a range of mid-level employment opportunities.
The course is suitable for students who are also keen to develop their existing skills and knowledge in information and communication technology to boost their employment opportunities.
In addition, a student who graduates this qualification can be eligible for a pathway to higher education via applicable providers in Australia.
Pathways are available to students who successfully complete this qualification, including:
Graduate Certificate in Digital Education, or other vocational relevant higher qualifications within the industry.
Students who successfully complete this qualification will gain high-level skills and be competent as a technical specialist.
Employment roles as:
- Telecommunication technical officer or technologist
- Telecommunications network planner
- Telecommunications network manager
- Network engineering technical officer
- Managing Network security Manger
- IP based convergence integrator
- IP based optical network designer